Compensation Business Partner - Redmond, All other locations (Regular
you’ re a compensation professional passionate about helping people thrive and
making a company a better place to work, then we’d like to talk to you!
GeoEngineers is an employee-owned company, established in 1980, that uses earth
science and engineering to improve our communities and protect our world. Here,
people come first. Our culture of caring and community, along with our
foundational principles of integrity, client service, and quality work have
propelled our growth from a small consulting partnership to a multidisciplinary
team of almost 400 people in 21 offices nationwide.
As GeoEngineers’ Compensation Business Partner, you’ll be part of a dynamic HR
team dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Our
ideal candidate is an experienced compensation professional with a bias for
action who thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment and loves diving in at
both strategic and hands-on levels.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Director of HR and company leadership to develop, implement and manage compensation and total reward programs that align with business and strategic goals.
- Conduct annual salary benchmarking, including analysis of market data and overall competitiveness, and administer salary adjustment and promotion process.
- Partner with recruiter to ensure fair, equitable and compelling offers to key talent that align with market and internal peers. Drive consistency and equity across compensation planning and program administration,
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation decisions and forecast and analyze pay outcomes. Lead and manage all projects related to compensation systems.
- Develop and promote an understanding of compensation program philosophy and practices across all levels of the organization.
- Conduct strategic analysis of workforce data to identify trends and provide actionable recommendations.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand business challenges and make insightful data-driven decisions to further strategic efforts and business initiatives
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations impacting compensation plans and policies. Audit and assess internal compensation practices in relation to relevant regulations.
What you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in compensation, consulting, or related field, to include building compensation systems, managing projects, and scaling processes based on company growth.
- Strong analytical and Excel/Google Sheets skills to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable models and reports; ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
- Proven ability to lead with internal & market insights to drive compensation solutions while providing strong project leadership, a bias towards action, and focus on driving key outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to build consultative, collaborate relationships with managers and staff at all levels.
- Ability to utilize excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills when interacting with employees at levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain an efficient approach to completing work and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with integrity, trust, and commitment, setting an example for others.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a
voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of
belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of
their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better
able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our
employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are
committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and
encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on
our team. Whoever you are, just be you.