Geological Engineer/Engineering Geologist – Idaho, Colorado, Utah (Full Time, Regular)
As a Geological Engineer/Engineering Geologist, you will be responsible for: documenting field conditions; writing field reports; analyzing and interpreting geologic and geotechnical data; writing technical reports; and preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates. In addition, you will be responsible for managing small-to-mid scale projects, including managing field staff and project deliverables for both our geotechnical engineering and applied geology groups. You will principally work on projects in the Intermountain West and Pacific Northwest regions including: Washington; Oregon; Idaho; Colorado; Utah; and Wyoming; with occasional opportunities to work on projects elsewhere in the U.S. The projects will generally include: geologic characterization; general geologic hazards assessment; landslide assessment and restoration; rockfall assessment and mitigation design; rock slope design; and supporting geotechnical engineering projects. Typical client sectors include oil and gas, energy (power and transmission), local and state government, forest products, aggregate resources, commercial development, and transportation.
This position requires travel but relocation to one of our offices is not necessarily required.
- BA or BS in Geological Engineering or Geology required. MS in Geology, Applied/Engineering or Engineering Geology strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in rock slope characterization, rock slope design and/or rockfall mitigation design.
- Strong field orientation and proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with RocScience® software including: Dips; RocPlane; Swedge; Rockfall; and Slide.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
- Interest in construction and the building process.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Professional Engineer or Geologist license in at least one state with the ability to obtain reciprocity from other states.
- GeoEngineers is an employee-owned company established in 1980 providing unparalleled client service and innovative science and engineering solutions.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.